Monday, December 3, 2007

Being Sick is Not Fun

Just as I thought that I was done being sick, I got sick again. I thought I was lucky because I only had morning sickness for about 6 weeks. Not that lucky! A week after my morning sickness stopped I developed a bad cough and a stuffy nose. Which I thought was all part of being pregnant. Being congested is. Not the Cough. I had a really bad wheeze and I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without losing my breath.

So after waiting a miserable two and half weeks and only getting about 4 hours of sleep a night, I finally went to the doctors. The doctor told me that I shouldn't have waited so long because my cough turned out to be bronchitis. And not only that I had developed asthma. I learned that I will never ever wait that long to go to the doctors again.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope you feel better soon.

miss H Wiest said...

Catherine!! Don't DO that again! Stinker-- doctors are good, medicine is good. I hope you feel better. I'm such a lousy friend-- I've been thinking a lot abt you guys and we want to see you when we come for Christmas. We will be there on your bday night and stay till the 24-- so I'll give you a call and get to see your baby bump right....? :) love ya girl

Leslie said...

Being pregnant you have to take all your aches and pains seriously. I hope that you get well soon. Hopefully you can get some more rest now that you are done with your nanny job.

Come over and hang out!

Tiffani said...

sorry to hear about your progressive sickness, I hope that you are feeling better and that we will see you soon!

The Lamb Family said...

Catherine! I hope you are feeling better. I already caught a fever and I think I had food poisoning last weekend. Be careful and take care of yourself! We miss you guys! What is your address? I want to send you a x-mas card. e-mail me, please. It's reiko1983@hotmail.com
Thanks!!!

Raquel Ruggles said...

Catherine! I was so excited to find your blog through the Morgans. I was so excited to find out that you are pregnant. Sorry for the nasty morning sickness/bronchitis. Being pregnant can be miserable enough without another sickness on top of that. Happy Holidays and good luck with the pregnancy. The discomfort is worth it!