Sunday, June 1, 2008

Welcome Jaxon Daniel Mortimer!


After all the anticipation, Jaxon was born on May 28th @ 12:03am. He was 7lbs. 14.6oz and 20 inches long. Heavenly Father has blessed us with the most beautiful and loving baby!







I knew he would be arriving soon when I started having contractions on Monday evening. By 10:30pm they were strong and were 4 minutes apart. So Josh and I decided to go to the hospital and see if it was time. The doctor told me I was only 1 cm dilated but that the baby had a dip in his heart rate so they wanted to keep me a few hours and monitor him. The few hours turned into the doctors inducing labor because I was over my due date. By 9:00 am they decided to break my water so they could put an internal monitor on the baby and one to monitor my contractions. Within minutes I was in active labor and I was ready for an epidural. I got the epidural @ 11:00 am and it was amazing. I didn’t feel any contractions after that. I was able to rest before the delivery. I was fully dilated 5 hours after I received my epidural. So I thought that I would have a baby by 6:00 pm. Well what I thought was way wrong! Jaxon would not drop into the birth canal and he was sunny side up. So I had to wait to see if he would drop. There was no progression, so by 7:30 I had to start pushing and they had to rotate him. And 4 ½ hours later Jaxon was born. It was not pleasant pushing for that long but what I got out of it made it all worth it!

11 comments:

miss H Wiest said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! He is BEAUTIFUL you guys! WOW-- Oh Catherine good JOB on the horrible-long-labor, ..you rock! I want to come hold him-- does he like visitors? Congrats momma and new daddykins. hey, ps. Josh, are your hands clean?

Mike and Christy said...

Congratulations guys! He is so adorable. We can't wait to have our little girl.

Liz said...

Congratulations! He is such a pretty baby, and we can't wait to see him in person. We love you guys.

Leslie said...

It was so fun to meet him the other night. He is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Raquel Ruggles said...

Congratulations, you look so beautiful! Sounds like a stressful and long two days. He is so beautiful and they are so much better out than in!!!

Amanda said...

oh he's BEAUTIFUL!!!! Good job Mommy! He's just gorgeous!

Tiffani said...

I feel bad that I had to tell me "your story" on the phone, 'cuase I could have waited until your post. Hang in there and we'll see you soon!

Julia Kelly said...

Congrats you guys!

the straz fam said...

He looks so cute and tiny! Congratulations!!!

Jenner said...

yay! i'm so glad everything went well and you are all looking great. hope you are getting enough sleep!

Megan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is just darling!!!